What else could be better to prepare a rich katla curry with creamy yogurt gravy? Pungency of Sorshe has been always a worthy addition to Bengali cuisine.
Recipe 1. Fry 6 pieces marinated katla ( turmeric powder and salt) in mustard oil. 2. Master paste: Make paste of mustard seed (3tbs) , poppy seed (1and half tbs) and green chillies (3-4). 3. Heat the mustard oil in a pan, add kalanji, add the master paste and cook for few minutes. Now add charmagaz paste ( 1tbs) and cook for 5-7minutes. 4. Now add red chilli powder (1/4tbs), turmeric powder (1/3tbs) and salt. Cook it until raw flavour goes off. 5. Now add beaten yogurt along with 1/2tbs sugar. Add half cup water to mix spices welo. Let it boil. 6. Now add fried fish along with 2 slits green chillies and cover the lid to cook till the gravy thicken to your desired consistency. 7. At last drizzle some Mustard oil to enhance the pungency.
One of the simplest preperation of crab. You can curate easily at home with no requirement of fancy ingredients. Well known combination of Butter garlic has been twisted with flavour of Indian spices that paired up nicely with crab.
Recipe: 1.Heat the cooking oil and butter in pan, add chopped garlic (6-7). Cook the garlic in butter until translucent. Now add chopped onion, chopped tomato. Again cook it for 5mins. 2. Now add add 4pieces crab along with legs. Mixed it well and cook by covering the lid for 5mins.
3. Add coriander powder (1/2tbs), cumin powder (1/2tbs), turmeric powder (1/3tbs) , Red chili powder (1/3tbs) , 2 chopped green chillies salt , sugar and add half water. Cook in low flame by covering the lid for 15mins. 4. Add one tbs butter to enhance the flavour. Butter Garlic crab is ready.
Malai chicken is easy to prepare yet lipsmacking preperation of Chicken. It has rich texture of milk and finely balanced taste of spices . Boneless chicken pieces are cooked in milk to create a dish that is difficult to resist whenever this is made.It goes well with plain rooti, paratha or tandoori rooti.
1.Cut the boneless chicken (250gm) into small pieces and marinate with salt and black pepper.
2. Melt the butter in a pan, add chopped garlic, now fry marinated chicken and keep these aside.
3.. Heat the oil in a pan, add onion paste ( 1big and half) and green chilli paste (3-4). Cook for 5mins. Now add 1/2 tbs Ginger paste, 1tbs garlic paste. Cook it until onion gets brown.
4. Add 250ml milk (at Room temperature), let it boil.
5. Add salt along with cumin powder (1/2tbs), Black pepper (1/2tbs), garam masala (1/2tbs) and 1/3tbs sugar, kausuri methi (1/2tbs) Mix it properly. Boil it for 5-7mins. Make the gravy little thicker
6.Now add the chicken again cook for 5min
7. Now add boiled egg.Add 1/4tbs kausuri methi Cook it by covering the lid for 10-15mins.
Malai chicken is ready to have it with rooti.I didn’t use any cream in concern to health.